The Transition Broker assist’s young people who are potentially “at risk” of leaving school early or who have already exited the school system and assists them to access employment, further education or training. They assist students at risk of leaving school before completing their VCE or VCAL.
The key tasks of the Transition Broker are:
- To clarify each student’s reason for wanting to leave compulsory education
- Assist a young person to develop their individual pathway plan
- Assist in the decision making process including re-engaging potential early school leavers into further education
- Providing support and linkages into existing services to ensure successful transition from school to further education, training or employment
- Follow up each early school leaver to ensure that they have a known destination, and to provide assistance if it is required
- Continue tracking exited students as required at 1 month & 6 months respectively
The Transition Broker is available for appointments on Monday's and Thursday's and can be contacted via the school office.